S.W. Recipe: Aloe Vera Margaritas + Fresh Pico de Gallo
ALOE VERA MARGARITAS
Margaritas aren’t exactly the healthiest beverages out there, but the addition of super-hydrating aloe vera juice renders this version more nutritious that your run-of-the-mill marg. Add in tons of fresh lime juice, 100% agave tequila, a hint of honey syrup, and some S.W. Basics Sea Salt and you’ve got yourself a totally delicious, not-so-unhealthy Cinco drink.
- 2.5 ounces Aloe Vera Juice
- 2 ounces 100% Agave Tequila
- 2 ounces lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon honey syrup (equal parts raw honey and hot water, mixed together)
- Sea Salt (we used our own!), for rimming
Add all ingredients together and shake. Pour over ice, rim your glass with salt, and enjoy immediately… and slowly!
Recipe adapted from Wicked Spatula.
FRESH PICO DE GALLO
This light, bright combination of fresh lime, tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, and cilantro can be the main dip event or an addition to your guacamole game. If you’re feeling healthy-ish, throw it on your salad; if you’re going for it in true Cinco style, add some onto your burrito. It also happens to pair really, really well with a margarita. Go on, take a peek-o. (Sorry, had to.)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (including seeds)
- S&P to taste
NOTE: if possible, wear rubber gloves when chopping the jalapeno. This will save your eyes from being in burning agony if cross-contamination occurs.
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Add more of any of the ingredients to taste. Serve. Scoop.