Goat Cheese Broccolini Eggplant Sandwiches
When I was growing up, my mom and I spent every Tuesday night together because my dad worked late. For years, we watched Full House and ate goat cheese broccolini eggplant sandwiches (a recipe she invented), and as the ritual developed, it came to feel like a special treat during the school week. I’ve probably eaten this sandwich more times than any other meal, yet I’m still not sick of it!
- Recipe (makes enough for 2 people):
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 head of broccolini
- Goat cheese
- Fresh baguette
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the eggplant thinly. Toss some salt and drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil onto it before popping it into the oven. Leave for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, toss the broccolini into a very hot pan. Leave it for 4-5 minutes so it chars. Then flip it and do the same on the other s-ide.
- Spread the goat cheese onto the bread, then add the broccolini and eggplant on top. Wahlah! That’s it!